It is finally February! Did January seem to last absolutely forever or is it just me? Regardless, I’m glad to put another winter month behind me as I wait excitedly for the arrival of spring.
When February finally rolls around each year, my mindset gets a little cliché; I can’t seem to get enough pink! It’s probably because Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and every space on the internet becomes saturated with pictures of flowers, chocolate, and (yup, you guessed it) the color pink. Since I’m feeling the love this year, I thought I’d share 5 of my favorite pink lipsticks!
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in “Littlestitious” – This one is a beautiful dusty pink. It’s very muted, which is great if you’re going for a more neutral look. I love the formula of the Colourpop Ultra Satin lip. I find their Ultra Matte a bit drying, but the Satin feels great on the lips. The pigmentation is impeccable, especially with its $6 price tag.
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in “Nude Créme” – I love Milani lipsticks, and this one is no exception. Again, this is a muted pink for a more understated look. I find that this lipstick color goes with almost any eye look I create because of its very neutral color. The application is smooth and the product itself has a pleasant fragrance.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Crayon in “Hawaiian Smolder” – Out of the five, this one is my favorite as far as formula and color. It is a true hot pink that is easy to apply and touch up, and it’s a lipstick I like to apply when my eye makeup is very minimal. It takes it awhile to fully dry, but I don’t mind because very matte formulas are a bit too uncomfortably drying for me. The pigmentation is more sheer compared to the other lipsticks I’ve mentioned here, but it’s easy to build up the color. I like to keep this little guy in my purse for some glam on-the-go!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in “Milan” – Here we have another true pink. Just like Colourpop, I think NYX has really great pigmentation in their lipsticks. This lipstick is a very pretty vibrant pink which (like Hawaiian Smolder) goes great with a minimal eye look.
- bellápierre Kiss Proof Lip Créme in “Antique Pink” – If you like a lipstick that doesn’t budge, this one is a great contender. The formula is transfer-proof, but if you rub your lips together you can feel how sticky it is. Not a huge deal, and you really only feel it if you’re very deliberately rubbing them together. The color is a gorgeous dark pink, it smells delicious, and you’ll be convinced your lips are really that color because this stuff seriously does not come off once it’s fully dried. Perfect for a dinner date night!
From left to right: Littlestitious, Nude Créme, Hawaiian Smolder, Milan, Antique Pink
Pink is probably my favorite lipstick color to wear, so I’m glad I have the month of February to give me an excuse to wear it! What’s your favorite lip color to wear? Any date-night favorites? Let me know in the comments!