Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and I’ve got a few items that make for great Valentine’s or GNO makeup! Whether you prefer a dramatic look or a simple look, these items are the basic necessities. Let’s get into it!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette – This palette is a godsend. The quality of the shadows is top-notch and every single color is beautiful. For Valentine’s Day, I specifically like Love Letter, Venetian Red, Red Ochre, Buon Fresco, Vermeer, or Antique Bronze. Each red or pink in nature, they will easily create a lovely and romantic eye look.
- Maybelline Falsies Mascara in “Blackest Black” – I love the way this mascara accentuates my eyelashes. It really does give a mild false lash effect! You have to be a little careful with application as it tends to get clumpy (just wipe the brush off a bit before applying), but it looks amazing!
- Pür Cosmetics Cheek Stain in “Prosecco” – Blush is one of those things that I think gets overlooked a lot, but it really pulls a makeup look together! I love this cheek stain because it blends into the skin for a really natural and feminine look. Since one side has a brush, it’s easy to take with you in case you need a touch up!
- VINTAGE Cosmetics Highlighter Duo in “Rose Quartz” and “Chocolate Diamond” – A little glow never hurt anyone! When the lights are low, you still want your features to pop. A good highlighter draws attention to your face and helps provide some structure.
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in “More Better” – Though I don’t prefer super matte formulas on a day-to-day basis, they do have some pretty awesome staying power. This one is a deep purplish red, and it’s absolutely stunning. I love the way this one look with the pinks and reds in the Modern Renaissance palette; they complement each other well.
So there you have it! My top picks for a very “Valentiney” look. What are your Valentine’s makeup must-haves? Let me know in the comments!